Laser Hair Removal at The Skin MD
The laser would target dark pigments, called melanin, in hairs. When the light beam hits the hair follicles (where hair growth begins), the intense heat will destroy the hair follicles instantly and as a result of that, hair is removed.
Laser hair removal is used for removing unwanted facial and body hair. Common treatment areas include legs, underarms, upper lips, chin and bikini lines, however, it is quite possible to treat unwanted hairs in almost any areas of the body. Although laser hair removal does not get you guaranteed permanent hair removal, it does extend the hairless period that can vary from several months to even a couple of years.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- Treatments are quick. Laser hair removal treatments are quicker than you might expect. For example, it only takes 20 minutes to perform a treatment on the underarm and Brazilian area.
- You will save money in the long run. With the permanent reduction of hair, you no longer need to purchase endless razors, shaving cream, depilatory creams, and you will no longer need to have monthly waxing appointments. The cost of laser hair removal has decreased as the cost of waxing has increased. The results are far superior to waxing and the cost, over time, is much less.
- You can eliminate and prevent ingrown hairs. Laser hair removal is simply the best option and the only solution to prevent and eliminate ingrown hairs. It is also a great option for those who have sensitive skin and experience skin irritation from shaving and waxing.
- You will save time. Laser hair removal eliminates the need to shave daily. Add that up over a lifetime and just think how many weeks you spend with a razor in hand!
- No need to grow hair between treatments. Unlike waxing, you can shave between treatments. Say goodbye to the days of having to grow your hair out; with laser hair removal, you can shave as much as you like between sessions. The benefits of laser versus other forms of hair removal are abundantly clear. As the costs of treatment decrease, we no longer need to deliberate the pros and cons of this solution.